Flux monitoring identifies shorted rotor turns through the measurement of the local magnetic field emanated from each rotor pole to identify shorted turns on a rotor pole.
- Ideally used with permanently installed Iris Power Total Flux Probe (TFProbe) or Folding Flux Probe (FFProbe)
- Inputs for shaft sync sensor (Keyphasor) for pole determination when shorts are detected.
- Custom built, ultra-high resolution digital data acquisition module, including on-board switchable attenuation for maximum resolution measurements using virtually any flux probe
- High speed acquisition capability creates a table of results covering each pole and each load point
The RFAII and RotorFluxPro software provides instant analysis to indicate the presence and location any rotor poles with shorted turns .
Analyzing the voltage waveforms in real time, comparing average and discrete flux readings, and trending readings to identify anomalies in the flux due to shorted turns.
- Rugged portable instrument connects to a control computer using USB and Ethernet interfaces