Iris Power Epoxy Mica Capacitors (EMC) are designed to detect Partial Discharge activity in motors, generators, switchgear and isolated phase bus while not imposing on the machine’s operation or reliability in any way.
Iris Power’s 80 pF EMCs are designed to block the 50/60 Hz power frequency and allow only high frequency (>40MHz) signals to pass through, be collected and analyzed by an appropriate Iris Power portable instrument or continuous monitor.
- ATEX certified epoxy mica capacitors
- Lifetime warranty from manufacturers defects on the epoxy mica capacitors
- Voltage endurance tested to >1000 hours at 30 kVrms (16 kV EMC)
- Capacitance rating: 80 pF +/- 4 pF
- PDEV Sensitivity: 1 pC (ASTM D1868 and IEC 60270)
- Bandwidth into 50 ohms: (3dB): 40 MHz to 500 MHz
- Operating temperature range: -50 °C to +130 °C (-58 °F to +266 °F)
- Calculated 60,000 year life (tested to IEEE 930-1987)
- Inclined Plane Tracking Test (ASTM D2303-85): 300 min
- Comparative Tracking Index (IEC 60112): 600 min
- Meets ANSI C37.20.2
- Meets all the reliability requirements in IEC TS 60034-27-2 and IEEE 1434 for PD sensors
- Five different voltage rated EMCs are available – 6.9 kV, 16 kV, 25 kV, 28 kV and 35 kV
- EMC kits with installation material according to IEEE 323-1983 for nuclear power generating stations are available